As a coach, podcaster and former air traffic controller, communicating effectively has been vital for me throughout my whole career. But communicating goes so much deeper than simply annunciating words clearly, and this week’s guest on The Ambitious Introvert® Podcast is explaining why compassion is often the missing piece.
Kate Brown is a coach and the founder of Calm at Work, and she believes that human connection is the key to overcoming issues in not just the workplace, but also in life. She’s sharing what it means to communicate with compassion, and how understanding our needs is the first step to asking for them to be met by others.
- How being able to communicate what we want and need is crucial to helping us reach our potential
- Examples of how we can appear to ‘act out’ when we find it hard to vocalise our needs
- The different types of apology, and understanding this is similar to knowing your Love Language
- How connecting to our humanity improves workplace well being and relationships, and makes us a better leader
- The unmet need many introverts have because they’re not sure how to ask for it!
As Kate says in the episode, “compassion is meeting people where they are and meeting myself where I am”, which is such an empowering way to approach all types of communication.
CONNECT WITH KATE
CONNECT WITH EMMA-LOUISE
Sign up to receive my monthly Introverts Only digest, delivering all the best introvert-friendly resources straight to your inbox, minus the scroll here
Interested in working with me 1:1? Fill out this form to start the conversation.